Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Wayne Couzens pleads guilty to murder, according to Sarah Everard.

Officer Wayne Couzens of the Metropolitan Police Service has pleaded guilty to the murder of Sarah Everard.

On March 3, the 33-year-old went missing while heading home from a friend’s residence in Clapham, south London.


Ms. Everard’s partner reported her missing the next day, and her body was discovered in Kent woodland a week later.


Couzens reportedly hired a car and purchased a roll of self-adhesive film just days before the murder.


Couzens, 48, had already admitted to kidnapping and rape, as well as accepting responsibility for Ms. Everard’s death.

Ms. Everard was walking home at 21:00 GMT on March 3 when she talked on the phone with her partner.

At 21:32, a camera mounted on a passing marked police car showed her walking alone.

A bus camera appeared three minutes later, capturing the moment she was stopped by Couzens two persons could be seen standing near the parked rental car, which had its hazard lights flashing.


Couzens drove out of London after abducting Ms. Everard, arriving around 01:00 in the Tilmanstone area, near Deal.

Investigators used CCTV cameras to track the automobile’s route and identified the driver as a serving officer through the car rental company.

Couzens had made the reservation using his personal information and bank card, picking up the Vauxhall Astra on the day of the kidnapping and returning it the next morning.

According to a case summary, Couzens said he was suffering from stress and no longer wanted to carry a pistol in the days that followed.

Couzens was detained the next day at 19:50, 39 minutes after wiping the data from his phone. He reported in sick on the 8th of March, the day he was supposed to be on duty. 

Couzens created an intricate story and claimed to be having money troubles in a police interview.

He said that he and his family had been threatened by a group of Eastern Europeans.

After underpaying a prostitute a few weeks prior, a gang demanded he supplies “another lady,” he claimed.


Couzens claimed he kidnapped Ms. Everard, drove her out of London, and gave her over to three Eastern European males in a vehicle on a Kent layby, still alive and unharmed.