VALORANT starts tomorrow with episode I Act II with a brand new battlepass and other unexpected features. For 1,000 VP, players can start earning new unlocks and cosmetics in tomorrow’s big update. This is the same update that will do that add Killjoy to the squad as VALORANT’s twelfth playable agent.
In addition to the Act II Battlepass, VALORANT will get an all-new mode in addition to the standard and Spike Rush modes. In the new Free-for-all Deathmatch launching on August 5, players will be thrown in ten-player matches to see who has the best draw control: no skills, no paid gear, just pick a gun and go.
- 10 players. No possibilities. An infinite amount of money. Leave the Spike at home.
- Free-for-all Deathmatch is the new game mode that debuts during Act II and gives special gunslingers a chance to test their movies.
- FFA deathmatch launches a day after the patch on August 5 in a BETA test window as we monitor server performance and game stability. If we find things to be stable and performative, we’ll leave the game mode on in the end!
- Matching: Free respawning deathmatch!
- Objectively: First 30 deaths, or most deaths after 6 minutes.
- Equipments: Players can practice gun battles with whatever weapon they want.
- Players can buy any weapon they want and can switch at any time.
- Players spawn with heavy armor.
- Players cannot buy or use skills.
- Respawn: Fast respawns that select ideal spawn points.
- Dynamic selection of respawn points.
- Spawn points have no enemies in or near the line of sight.
- Spawning tips are with their backs against the wall.
- Spawn points are not to far from action.
- 3 second respawn timer.
- Respawn with 8 seconds of invulnerability that disappears with movement / shooting.
- Protects players so they can switch weapons.
- Drop out: Players can drop out at any time by selecting Exit Match from the options menu.
- They do not receive XP for the game.
- Health packs: With every death, there is a health pack that expires after 10 seconds.
- Running across the health pack immediately restores you to full 100/50 health.
- This allows players to heal and encourage movement and aggression.
- UAV: Every 5 seconds, a radar sweep reveals the current location of all enemies.
- This helps discourage corner camping and allows players to move quickly through space.
- Kill banners: ceremonies (double, triple, …) time-bound instead of gate of life.
- After each kill, there is a time frame for a new kill to continue the streak.
Also included with VALORANT’s Act II is a new set of Exclusive Edition skins for four weapons (plus melee), each of which can be upgraded with unique visual and finisher effects. Among the weapons available in the Glitchpop collection are the Frenzy, Judge, Bulldog and Odin. Each piece is individually priced at 2,175 VP, while the contact weapon is 4,350 VP. There will also be a bundle for sale for 8,700 VP.
VALORANT is now available on PC with console releases yet to be determined. The Act 2 update and Battlepass will both be available tomorrow August 4, and the free Deathmatch mode will begin testing a day later.