Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Tyson Fury admits who he wants to face next ‘doesn’t make sense’ with Dillian Whyte next in line

Tyson Fury insists his next title fight will be against who is ‘available’ and NOT who he wants to face, as he admits it ‘doesn’t make sense’, with Dillian Whyte next in line for a shot at his title of WBC heavyweight.

  • Tyson Fury has admitted who he wants to face next ‘doesn’t make sense’
  • The Gypsy King is a wanted man after winning his trilogy classic with Wilder
  • Fury’s American promoter Bob Arum suggested a fight with Usyk would be ideal.
  • However, Dillian Whyte has become the main contender to face Fury.
  • WBC has refused to name Whyte the No. 1 contender due to their legal battle


<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Tyson Fury has admitted that his next choice of opponent ‘doesn’t make sense’ as he has to choose who is ‘available’ for his next heavyweight title fight.

The Gypsy King is a wanted man after his impressive trilogy win over Deontay Wilder with questions about who’s next in line to face him.

Fury’s American promoter Bob Arum has suggested that Fury would like to face Oleksandr Usyk in a fight for the undisputed heavyweight world title. However, with the Ukrainian ready to defend his WBA, IBF and WBO titles in his rematch with Anthony Joshua, that fight seems a long way from happening yet.

Tyson Fury admits who he wants to face next in his next title fight 'doesn't make sense'

Tyson Fury admits who he wants to face next in his next title fight ‘doesn’t make sense’

It means Dillian Whyte would be the next man in line for a shot at Fury’s belt, but the Body Snatcher’s ongoing legal feud with the WBC has put that fight up in the air for now.

But when it comes to who to face next, Fury insists that he’s laid back and that he doesn’t mind given that it wouldn’t be who he wants to face right now.

“I’m just relaxing, enjoying life, taking one day at a time and having fun,” Fury said. Sky sports while attending BOXXER Fight Night at Wembley.

‘I’m not really interested, because to be honest, it really doesn’t make a lot of sense who I want to fight right now. It’s who is available and what makes sense later. ‘

Whyte insists that Fury should have no ‘other choice’ on the matter, given that he is the mandatory challenger for his WBC belt.

Fury's American promoter Bob Arum has suggested that Fury would like to take on Oleksandr Usyk next.

Fury's American promoter Bob Arum has suggested that Fury would like to take on Oleksandr Usyk next.

Fury’s American promoter Bob Arum has suggested that Fury would like to take on Oleksandr Usyk next.

He told Sky Sports last week: [Fury] he will try to fight Usyk, because Usyk is a much easier fight for him.

‘Fury is mandated to fight me twice. He asked for the WBC “Diamond” belt to fight me, but got away when they agreed. Keep making excuses.

Hopefully, you now have no other choice. What is he going to do? Throwing the belt in the trash and running away from more money than he made to fight (Deontay) Wilder? He said he was going to fight me after he beat Wilder, then he ran away. Let’s see what it does. ‘

Whyte and his promoter Eddie Hearn were confident that the WBC would confirm Body Snatcher as Fury’s mandatory opponent last Tuesday at the annual meeting between the IBF, WBA and WBO presidents, and the WBC decided not to order a fight for the mandatory heavyweight title for his belt due to Whyte’s legal proceedings with the board.

Hearn is confident that Whyte will win his legal battle against the WBC, but is concerned that Fury’s financial demands could disrupt his fight plans.

Dillian Whyte is next in line to face Fury, but a legal battle with WBC has delayed those plans.

Dillian Whyte is next in line to face Fury, but a legal battle with WBC has delayed those plans.

Dillian Whyte is next in line to face Fury, but a legal battle with WBC has delayed those plans.

The WBC declined to name Whyte as Fury's mandatory challenger at its convention last week.

The WBC declined to name Whyte as Fury's mandatory challenger at its convention last week.

The WBC declined to name Whyte as Fury’s mandatory challenger at its convention last week.

When asked if the division of the bag would prevent the fight between Fury and Whyte from happening, Hearn said iFL TV: ‘Possibly. That is almost secondary to the fight that is being ordered.

‘The interim champion can receive up to 45 percent of a split purse and I think it should be towards those kinds of levels.

‘I saw Top Rank talk about 20 percent [at the WBC convention]. That is outrageous, but it is something that should be left to them.

‘The problem is the time. We need to move forward, and it’s getting closer, and I’m sure it will be a fair decision for Dillian Whyte. ‘

Commercial

.