Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said he has tested negative for the coronavirus, based on a fourth test since his announcement on July 7 that he had the disease.
The 65-year-old leader did not say when he took the new test. On Wednesday he tested positive for the third time.
Mr. Bolsonaro also posted a photo of himself with a box containing the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, although this has not been proven to be an effective treatment for the virus.
Now that Mr. Bolsonaro is free from the virus, he is expected to return to the hodgepodge as he always did before his diagnosis.
He had spent many weekends in the vicinity of supporters since the start of the pandemic, sometimes without wearing a mask.
On Thursday, he was photographed without a mask while speaking to a few sweepers in the garden of the presidential residence.
Brazil, the largest country in Latin America, is one of the epicentres of the outbreak.
According to the Brazilian government, there were 85,238 confirmed deaths from the new corona virus on Friday.
The country has 2,343,366 confirmed cases. Actual figures are believed to be higher.
On Monday, two more ministers in Mr Bolsonaro’s cabinet said they had tested positive: 65-year-old Minister of Citizenship, Onyx Lorenzoni, and Milton Ribeiro, 62-year-old Minister of Education.
Mr Bolsonaro’s government ended two months last week without a health minister.
The interim minister, General Eduardo Pazuello, who had no field experience before April, is under pressure to quit the job.
He took over after his predecessor, a physician and healthcare adviser, stopped protesting Mr Bolsonaro’s support for the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, a related drug, as a treatment for Covid-19.