Street Fighter V gets new content in the last year and is packed with favorite characters from different Capcom fighting series. In the coming year, players will be able to take control of Rose from Street Fighter Alpha, Oro from Street Fighter III, Akira from Rival Schools, the immortal goofball Dan and a final unnamed character. You can also expect new costumes, stages and combat mechanics. All this was revealed in a new Street Fighter V Summer Update stream, which you can watch below.
Here is the Street Fighter V season 5 roadmap (click on image for full resolution) and some extra details about the new hunters:
- Than Dan Hibiki, a mainstay of the Street Fighter Alpha series and last seen in Street Fighter IV, brings his (over) confidence and iconic ‘Taunt’ to Street Fighter V. Dan, a training partner of Ryu and Ken, considers himself as well-equipped to “school” other players with his unique fighting style Saikyo-ryu (“Strongest Style”). Release timing: Winter 2020
- Rose Rose is a fortune-telling favorite character who previously starred in the Alpha series and Street Fighter IV. With her tarot cards, Rose comes armed with a variety of unique special moves and plans to channel all of her Soul Power energy into Street Fighter V. Release timing: Spring 2021
- Oro Last seen in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Oro is an ancient martial arts master who exists as an immortal hermit. He limits the use of one of his arms to give his opponents an advantage, but that doesn’t stop Oro from being one of the best trained and powerful fighters in Street Fighter V. Release timing: Summer 2021
- Akira – Akira Kazama was first introduced in Capcom’s 1997 fighting game Rival Schools: United by Fate and is preparing for her Street Fighter debut. As an acquaintance of Sakura, Akira has previous ties to the Street Fighter universe and is preparing to bring her biker-esque look and smart gimmicks to Street Fighter V. Release timing: Summer 2021
- ???? – You may also remember that we said earlier that there would be five characters for Season V … but we’re not quite ready to announce our fifth yet. Stay tuned for more on that later!
No word yet on what season 5 will cost, but traditionally Capcom has charged $ 6 or 100,000 “Fight Money” (SFV’s in-game currency that you can earn by playing regularly) for new characters. They also offered $ 30 character passes for some seasons.
Street Fighter V: Championship Edition, which includes all the content released so far, is now available on PC and PS4. Excited for one of the upcoming hunters?