Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said that Seattle is watching Antonio Brown as they weigh a move for the sevenfold Pro Bowler.
The free agent’s receiver will be suspended for eight games after violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy following an incident in Florida in January. The 32-year-old wide receiver is looking for a new home after being cut off by the Patriots, who knocked out Brown after just 11 days and one game in September.
Seattle has emerged as a potential destination, and Carroll spoke about the rumors of the Seahawks in Brown on Monday.
“What I would say to you is what we always say, because that’s what we always do and who we are,” said Carroll. “[General manager] John [Schneider] competes at every turn. There has never been a trial, unless we just missed it, which we weren’t involved in understanding what the opportunities were to help our club. He’s all over it. He understands what’s going on right now, as much as you can. It is a very complex situation. We just have to see where it fits somewhere on the road. That’s all I have for you. ‘
MORE: Antonio Brown promises ‘best season of my career’
MORE: Why has Antonio Brown been suspended?
After competing with the Steelers in 2010, Brown has amassed 11,263 receiving yards and captured 75 touchdowns in his career.
Carroll, meanwhile, said the Seahawks are “very open” to reuniting with star-wide receiver Josh Gordon.
Gordon was banned indefinitely in December for violations of the NFL policy on performance enhancers and abuses.
A Pro Bowler, Gordon – who would become an unlimited free agent if and when he recovers – played five times for the Seahawks last season after being released by the Patriots in November.
“It’s not in our hands,” said Carroll. “Josh did really well with us last year. He fit really well. He was part of this team because of the way we opened and hugged him, but also the way he adapted. So there we are very open to. ” thought and we’ll see what happens. I do not know. I can’t tell you what’s going to happen about that. “