Because they can, can! Savannah Guthrie, 49, and Jenna Bush Hager, 39, dress up as Dallas Cowboys CHEERLEADERS in crop tops and shorts to perform can-can touchdown dance for the ‘football scare’ themed Halloween show
- The Today show did its annual Halloween themed show on Friday, with all the hosts dressing up in football themed costumes
- Savannah and Jenna donned the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader uniforms and performed the squad’s signature touchdown dance with several members of the team—after traveling to Texas to train with the professionals
- The two women wore longer versions of the cheerleaders’ little white hot pants and chose to model skin-colored bodysuits rather than bare their stomachs.
- Several hosts dressed up as singers: Hoda Kotb, 57, performed as Carrie Underwood, who did the NBC Sunday Night Football 2021 theme song, while Al Roker and Sheinelle Jones appeared as The Weeknd and Bruno Mars.
- Carson Daly and Willie Geist dressed up as Tampa Bay Buccaneers stars Rob Gronkowski and Tom Brady, while Craig Melvin paid tribute to Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes
- Before 2020, there was a fierce rivalry between NBC’s Today and ABC morning show GMA, with both programs competing for the best Halloween costume offerings.
- However, Good Morning America ducked out of the competition last year, opting to forgo costumes — and in 2021, the anchors again chose not to dress up.
Savannah Guthrie and Jenna Bush Hager put their best foot forward – quite literally – to perform the can-can live on-air while dressed as Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders for Todaythe annual Halloween show.
The Anchors went all out for their performance, wearing tailored versions of the cheerleaders’ iconic white-and-blue cowboy costumes, including longer versions of the dancers’ signature white hot pants, along with blue crop tops, white star-studded vests, and white boots.
But while the cheerleaders chose to bare their legs and stomachs, Savannah, 49, and Jenna, 39, opted for a more understated alternative, wearing skin-tone bodysuits that concealed their stomachs and legs.
The two women completed their costumes with a pair of glittering pom poms, which they shook in the air as they performed their touchdown dance, using several daring moves, including a can-can chorus line, snappy hip thrusts and booty shakes. .
Shake it! Jenna Bush Hager and Savannah Guthrie dressed up as Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders to perform the squad’s signature touchdown dance for today’s “Football Fright” themed Halloween show on Friday
Goes all the way! The two anchors wore tailored versions of the cheerleaders’ iconic blue and white uniforms, with a longer style of the white hot pants, while also choosing to cover their skin in flesh-colored bodysuits.
Strike a pose: Jenna, 39, and Savannah, 49, traveled to Texas to train with the Dallas Cowboys squad for their Friday morning performance
After their performance — which was met with enthusiastic cheers from the show’s live audience — the two women revealed that they had actually traveled to Dallas to train for the show with the team’s cheerleaders, with both Savannah and Jenna the dancers. thanked them for their ‘patience’ as they tried to perfect their movements.
But while Jenna, who is a Texan, and Savannah certainly stole the show during Today’s third hour, they weren’t the only hosts pulling out all the stops for the Halloween performance.
As part of the “Football Fright” themed show — which was staged in honor of NBC’s Sunday Night Football coverage — Hoda Kotb, 57, dressed up as country singer Carrie Underwood to perform the pop star’s theme song to the weekly sporting event of the network.
Legs in the air like you don’t care! Part of the routine saw Jenna and Savannah join the squad’s dancers in a can-can chorus line, with both women kicking their feet up next to their fellow cheerleaders
Work on it: The routine also includes several snappy hip thrusts and booty shakes, which Jenna and Savannah performed with great enthusiasm along with the dancers of Dallas Cowboys