World Cup Qualifiers LIVE: Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal face life and death with Serbia in an attempt to qualify Qatar, while Spain must beat or draw with Sweden to reach the final … as Ireland travels to Luxembourg
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal must beat or draw with Serbia to qualify for Qatar
- Losing to the Serbs and the Euro 2016 champions would enter the play-offs
- Spain knows that a victory or a draw against Sweden will allow them to reach the World Cup
- The Republic of Ireland also travels to Luxembourg and Greece to Kosovo
- Latest World Cup news, including live action and results
Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal face a crucial World Cup qualifying clash against Serbia to round out their groups.
The winners of Euro 2016 must either beat or draw with Serbia to qualify for the Qatar final, but the defeat in Lisbon would see the visitors qualify for the World Cup, leaving Ronaldo’s nation in the play-offs.
Meanwhile, Spain is in the same situation where a win or draw at home against Sweden would send Luis Enrique’s team through, while Ireland travels to Luxembourg in their last qualifying clash.
Follow Sportsmail’s JEORGE BIRD for live coverage of the World Cup qualifiers, including preparation, updates and results with a series of engaging matches to take place.