Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Philippe Coutinho dismisses claims that he is not committed to Barcelona

Philippe Coutinho dismisses claims that he is not committed to Barcelona after his slow warm-up as a substitute in the draw against Celta de Vigo, insisting: ‘I have never been unprofessional’

  • Philippe Coutinho defended his effort after his slow warm-up with Barcelona
  • The Brazilian was told to warm up when Ansu Fati was injured at Celta de Vigo
  • But he seemed lethargic and, in the end, he didn’t even make it out of the bench.
  • Coutinho says he is now in top form and desperate for a streak of matches with Xavi


<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Philippe Coutinho has defended his commitment to Barcelona after being accused of lack of professionalism after a slow warm-up at Celta de Vigo on Saturday.

The former Liverpool midfielder started the LaLiga clash on the bench, but was reportedly asked by interim manager Sergi Barjuan to prepare for action when winger Ansu Fati was injured.

But Coutinho drew criticism for his lethargic routine on the touchline, which was called ‘excessive laziness’ by the Spanish newspaper SPORT.

Philippe Coutinho has defended his commitment after his slow warm-up at Celta de Vigo

Philippe Coutinho has defended his commitment after his slow warm-up at Celta de Vigo

Barcelona midfielder was told to warm up when Ansu Fati got injured but was lethargic

Barcelona midfielder was told to warm up when Ansu Fati got injured but was lethargic

Barcelona midfielder was told to warm up when Ansu Fati got injured but was lethargic

Coutinho did not even leave the bench and Alejandro Balde replaced Fati

Coutinho did not even leave the bench and Alejandro Balde replaced Fati

Coutinho did not even leave the bench and Alejandro Balde replaced Fati

Coutinho finally did not even enter as a substitute during the game, and Alejandro Balde replaced Fati.

Speaking after the match, Barjuan insisted that he had not been aware of Coutinho’s efforts on the touchline when deciding who to lead.

He said: ‘I didn’t focus on any of that, I was watching the game, which was very demanding. In 10 days I have felt that everyone is getting along with me.

‘It is clear that with those who have not played it is more difficult. I had to make decisions and today he has not played ”.

But Coutinho defended himself at a press conference while on international service with Brazil, insisting that his professionalism cannot be questioned.

The 29-year-old said: ‘I was very surprised when I saw the news because in my entire career I have never been unprofessional.

‘You can look wherever I went, I always respected everyone.

“Journalists always believe many things.”

Despite playing 11 games for Barcelona this season, Coutinho has only scored one goal

Despite playing 11 games for Barcelona this season, Coutinho has only scored one goal

Despite playing 11 games for Barcelona this season, Coutinho has only scored one goal

But he has earned a spot on the Brazilian national team for this month's World Cup playoff pair.

But he has earned a spot on the Brazilian national team for this month's World Cup playoff pair.

But he has earned a spot on the Brazilian national team for this month’s World Cup playoff pair.

After missing the first few games of the LaLiga season, Coutinho believes he is finally fully fit and ready to start a series of games with new coach Xavi.

He added: ‘It wasn’t easy being away that long, but I feel great. Physically I am fine and I have no pain or problems, now what I need is time to find my best level.

‘Since I started playing again, I didn’t have a sequence of four or five games starting from the beginning to be at my best. I feel very good, physically I am. ‘

Despite making 11 appearances in all competitions, Coutinho has only scored one goal and contributed zero assists so far this season.

However, he has earned a spot on the Brazilian team for this month’s World Cup qualifying pair against Colombia and Argentina.

Commercial



.