Are you aware of the Patta Chitta term?
If not, you can go through the concept of Patta Chitta online.
Read on and know more!
What is Patta Chitta?
Patta Chitta is land records made available online by the Government of Tamil Nadu to the general public.
With the help of the Patta Chitta online records, you can know about the ownership rights and property details.
The land records system has been made possible via the e-Services portal.
The National Informatics Centre (NIC) has developed Patta Chitta. It is done in association with the Revenue Department of the Tamil Nadu Government.
If you want to know more about Patta Chitta TN, then you can go through this post!
What is Patta?
A Patta is known to be a legal document that ascertains your rights over a property. It has legitimate details related to land ownership. And it is authenticated by the Tamil Nadu Government.
You can access the Patta passbook as it’s available for prospective agricultural land customers.
Patta includes the following records of rights details:
- Village and taluk names.
- Survey number.
- Area and land size.
- Property owner name.
- Tax details.
- Dryland or wetland categories.
You can understand Patta as a land revenue record that denotes that you are the actual owner of the land.
Earlier, you had to keep both Patta and Chitta documents separately to ascertain land ownership. It is no longer required. It is because both these documents have merged into one. It is why they are being called Patta Chitta, collectively.
What is Chitta?
Tamil Nadu’s Taluk Village and Village Administrative Officer (VAO) issue a land-related document. It is known as the Chitta. Chitta contains extra land ownership details like the Chitta land ownership information. It also includes the area and size of the land, subdivision and other relevant inputs.
As discussed earlier, Patta Chitta has become a single document of land ownership legality. It means that you don’t have to submit each of them separately while authenticating your status of ownership.
What documents are needed to apply for Patta Chitta in Tamil Nadu?
To apply for a Patta Chitta TN in the southern state of India, you are needed to submit a few documents to the office of a Tehsildaar. Let’s take a look:
- Sale deed photocopy and the original document for verification.
- Encumbrance certificate and property tax receipt.
- Signed Patta transfer application and an EB Bill copy.
- Electricity bill photocopies.
How to apply for the Patta Chitta online in Tamil Nadu?
Applying for the Patta Chitta is possible in Tamil Nadu by visiting the Government website. You can follow the following steps to apply for Patta Chitta TN:
- Browse and land on the official Patta Chitta portal.
- Select the district in which your property is located. You can do that under ‘View Patta’ and FMB.
- Fill in the required details like taluk, district, block and ward. You should also provide the survey number and subdivision number. You should also choose if your property is situated in a rural or an urban area.
- After you submit the property details, the Town Survey Land Register’s Certificate Extract will be issued to you.
How to check the Patta Chitta online status?
- Go to the official website eDistrict and log in.
- You have to feed your application ID and punch in the Captcha values displayed in the box.
- Click on the ‘Get Status’ button. Once done, your Patta Chitta online status will be showcased.
Based on your requirements, you can make the most of the Patta Chitta TN. And it is how you can know about the real identity of a landowner and more.