Odds, selections, and predictions for the Concacaf Gold Cup 2021: A soccer expert provides the best bets for Mexico vs. El Salvador.
When Mexico and El Salvador meet in the last group stage encounter at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on Sunday night, the top position in Group A of the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup will be decided.
El Salvador, also known as La Selecta, leads the group with six points and needs just a draw to qualify to the knockout stage as the group’s top team.
El Tri, on the other hand, is in the second position with four points and needs a win on Sunday to win the group.
The game will begin at 10 p.m. ET. In current Mexico vs. El Salvador odds from William Hill Sportsbook, Mexico is a -450 favorite (risk $450 to win $100), while El Salvador is a +1100 underdog.
The over-under for total goals is 2.5, while a draw is worth +450. Before you make any El Salvador vs. Mexico predictions or Concacaf Gold Cup 2021 predictions, you should check out what Martin-Green has to say.
El Salvador vs. Mexico Gold Cup odds and betting trends are as follows:
- Spread for Mexico vs. El Salvador: Mexico -1.5. (-135)
- Over/under for Mexico vs. El Salvador is 2.5 goals.
- Money line for Mexico vs. El Salvador: Mexico -450, El Salvador +1100, Draw +450.
- MEX: At the Gold Cup, Rogelio Funes Mori leads the squad with two goals. SLV: El Salvador has kept seven clean sheets in its previous nine games.
Why should you support Mexico?
- El Tri has been dominant so far in the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup, despite only having one win after two matches.
Furthermore, in recent talks with El Salvador, Mexico has encountered minimal opposition.
- El Salvador has not beaten Mexico since 2003, and Mexico has an eight-match winning streak in the series.
- All except one of the matches were decided by more than two goals, and Mexico’s winning run has resulted in a cumulative score of 24-5.
Why should you return to El Salvador?
- El Salvador is on a run heading into Sunday’s showdown.
- In its previous nine games, the team has won seven, drawn one, and lost one, outscoring its opponents 23-2.
- The squad has dominated both of its Gold Cup 2021 group matches.
- El Salvador outshot Guatemala 21-4 in its first encounter and controlled over 70% of the ball.
- El Salvador has also been playing good defense recently.
- In its past nine games, the squad has kept seven clean sheets, including two in its first two Gold Cup group stage games.
How to choose between El Salvador and Mexico
- Green has examined the game between Mexico and El Salvador from every angle, and he is leaning under on the goal total (2.5).
- He also has three solid El Salvador vs. Mexico best bets as well as a full preview of the Gold Cup 2021 event.