Nationals commentator, 53, is taken off the air and taken from broadcast booth after allegations of sexual assault by 31-year-old woman
- Former MLB player and Washington Nationals commentator FP Santangelo has been taken off the air after being charged with sexual assault
- Allegations were made by a 31-year-old woman, who claimed in an anonymous Instagram post that Santangelo, 53, made unwanted rapprochement with her.
- The alleged attacks are said to have taken place several years ago
- Santangelo has denied the allegations
Color commentator FP Santangelo, a former Major League infielder, has been pulled from Washington Nationals broadcasts after allegations of inappropriate behavior, including sexual misconduct.
Santangelo has been on and off the air since April 30 and was not part of the team that defeated the Nationals 4-3 against the New York Yankees on Saturday.
Allegations of an anonymous woman have recently been posted on social media.
Former MLB player and Washington Nationals commentator FP Santangelo has been taken off the air after being charged with sexual assault. repeatedly told to stop.
She claimed he sexually assaulted her. The woman made the allegations in an Instagram post. She said Santangelo had sent her “angry texts and blocked her on social media.
The woman added that she is not seeking charges or compensation, but wanted to talk about her alleged experience with the broadcaster, especially since he is a well-known figure in the public eye.
The allegations against Santangelo, 53, were made by a 31-year-old woman, who claimed in an anonymous Instagram post that he had made unwanted rapprochement with her.
“Late last week, we were made aware of allegations of conduct by FP Santangelo that are inconsistent with our values as an organization,” the Nationals said in a statement released this weekend.
“We warned the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network and withdrew our approval of him as a member of our broadcast team.MASN assured us that they would thoroughly investigate these allegations.
“After MASN informed us that their investigation was complete and that FP needed to be restored, additional reports appeared.
Once again we notified MASN and withdrew our approval of FP as a member of our broadcast team indefinitely.
In the future, we will refer all questions about this study to FP’s employer, MASN. “In a text message to the media, Santangelo has denied the allegations.
The alleged attacks are said to have taken place several years ago. FP Santangelo of the Montreal Expos was photographed in 1997 “What I read in a recently published article about me by an anonymous person is not true and has not happened,” Santangelo said.
“This is not representative of who I am as a man or a professional. I am convinced that my name and reputation will be completely erased.
“MASN has forwarded the allegations to MLB for review, which is its competition policy, the network said in a statement. Santangelo has been working on Nationals games for MASN since 2011.
As a utilityman, he played in 665 games over seven seasons in the majors, starting with the Montreal Expos between 1995 and 1998, followed by stints with the San Francisco Giants, Los Angeles Dodgers and Oakland Athletics. He had a career average of .245 and drove in 162 runs.
FP Santangelo, who played for the Montreal Expos, is pictured in 1998