Have you tried salami CRACKERS? Mama shares her easy tips to make an epic charcuterie board
- One mom wowed thousands after she revealed how to make salami crackers
- Carolina McCauley, from Perth, shared the hack in a now viral TikTok video
- She placed the fresh salami on a plate and then put it in the microwave for two minutes?
- The unique idea is a fantastic way to lift a charcuterie board
A savvy mom impressed thousands on TikTok by sharing how to make salami crackers to lift a charcuterie board.
Carolina McCauley, from Perth, shared a now viral video with its 1.4 million followers and demonstrated how to make the unique snack.
“Have you ever tried salami crackers?” she captioned the short video.
Scroll down for video
Perth mom Carolina McCauley revealed how to prepare salami crackers to lift a charcuterie board
In a now viral TikTok video, Carolina placed the fresh salami on a plate and then microwaved it for two minutes
In the clip, Carolina placed the fresh salami on a plate and placed it in the microwave for two minutes.
The heat from the microwave dried out the salami a bit, giving it a slightly crunchy texture like a cracker.
She then placed her favorite dipping sauce on the charcuterie board, followed by the salami, cheese, grapes, sliced strawberries, and walnuts.
The salami ‘crackers’ would be the perfect alternative to using regular crackers or bread.
She then placed her favorite dipping sauce on the charcuterie board, followed by the salami, cheese, grapes, sliced strawberries, and walnuts
The clever kitchen idea stunned hundreds and the viral video has been viewed more than 37,000 times.
‘Certainly hungry now!!’ one person wrote, another added: ‘It’s 1am and now I want to eat that.’
Carolina has built a huge following on TikTok for sharing helpful household tips and tricks.
She’s also known for sharing helpful cleaning tips using common household ingredients, such as vinegar and baking soda.
Earlier this year, Melbourne mother of two, Chantel Mila, revealed how to make “salami roses” from a wine glass.
Earlier this year, mother of two, Chantel Mila of Melbourne, revealed how to make ‘salami roses’ from a wine glass (Chantel Mila pictured)
The first thing Chantel told you to do is make salami roses using a wine glass, before adding a variety of cheeses (photo)
“You can make a simple salami rose by layering it on a wine glass,” Chantel said.
When you’re done putting a few slices of salami in the wine glass, just turn the wine glass upside down and the salami slices come out in a perfect rose shape.
Next, Chantel said you can add a variety of cheeses, including soft cheeses like Brie and Camembert, bocconcini, and hard cheeses like cheddar and Gouda.
What are some tips for the perfect dish?
* Keep dry ingredients separate from wet ingredients to avoid soggy.
* Take things out of the box for aesthetic appeal.
Experts recommend focusing your dish on cheese, the main ingredient, and building from there
* Pick a color scheme and stick to it.
* Focus your platter on cheese, the main ingredient – and build from there.
* Think garnishes.
* Shop. Grocery stores, local delis, farmers markets and convenience stores can all be good.
* Think of flavors that go well with cheese to decorate your platter – dried fruit, cured meats, figs, dips, relishes, grapes and honey are all good options.
*Edible flowers can look beautiful and add a decorative border.