Exiled Manchester United defender Eric Bailly ‘demands guarantees about his future and was ANGRY to be left out against Leicester’ with captain Harry Maguire rushed back from injury to play
- Eric Bailly reportedly looking for guarantees about his future at Manchester United
- The 27-year-old Ivorian is said to have been ‘angry’ at being left out in Leicester
- Bailly has been left wondering why he was encouraged to sign a new contract.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s work hangs in the balance after 5-0 loss to Liverpool
Eric Bailly is reportedly seeking assurances about his future at Manchester United with the defender left ‘angry’ after being snubbed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over the Red Devils’ loss at Leicester City.
United have kept just a clean sheet all season, with defensive chaos at the heart of last Sunday’s 5-0 win at the hands of Liverpool that has left Solskjaer’s job in the balance.
The Red Devils have conceded nine goals in their last two league games, having sent four to Leicester in a 4-2 loss to the Foxes.
Defender Eric Bailly is reportedly seeking assurances about his future at Manchester United
And according SunBailly wants assurances from the club about his future and is understood to be “angry” at being overlooked by Solskjaer.
Namely, the Norwegian’s decision to rush captain Harry Maguire out of a game injury at King Power rather than call up Bailly has been said to have disappointed the Ivorian.
Bailly, 27, signed a new contract in April and, having made only one Carabao Cup appearance this season, has been left wondering why United encouraged him to put pencil on paper in extending the contract.
Bailly (R) was reportedly ‘angry’ after being snubbed by Harry Maguire (L) against Leicester
You’ve been left wondering why United encouraged you to sign a new contract earlier this year.
Maguire’s form since returning to the starting eleven has been lamentable, with sub-par displays leaving fans concerned that the England international has not fully recovered from his calf injury.
The pressure mounts on Solskjaer after his humiliating performance against Liverpool at Old Trafford.
The Norwegian is preparing the team for Saturday’s trip to Tottenham amid intense scrutiny and some members of his squad question whether the slide can be stopped under his guidance.
Solskjaer trained at Carrington on Tuesday for the first time since the loss to Liverpool, a display called ‘shameful’ by veteran players.
Pressure mounts on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after lousy streak of performances
United bosses are said to be mulling Solskjaer’s position ahead of three crucial games.
Sportsmail understands that United, which gave Solskjaer a new three-year deal over the summer, planned to review the 48-year-old’s position in December.
However, the irritating surrender at Old Trafford last weekend has accelerated that process. Board-level talks between co-chair Joel Glazer, Ed Woodward and managing director Richard Arnold took place on Monday.
United were unprepared for such a terrible run of results, with Solskjaer’s side losing five of their last nine games.
Solskjaer now faces three major games – Tottenham, a Champions League clash in Atalanta and then Pep Guardiola’s derby against Manchester City – which will likely determine his prospects.