Man City star Benjamin Mendy, 27, and co-defendant, 40, are charged with six counts of rape after complaints from four victims: Police charge both men with two more counts of rape before the court appearance tomorrow.
- The Premier League footballer is being held on remand at Liverpool’s HMP Altcourse
- A judge denied the defender bail of £ 90,000 a week at a hearing in October
- He has been in detention since August and has yet to file a statement of charges.
- Mendy’s co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40, also charged with six rapes
- Both men will appear in Stockport Magistrates Court tomorrow.
Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy was charged with two more rapes today.
The 27-year-old French international star is now charged with six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault in total and will appear in court again tomorrow.
The Crown Prosecutor’s Office says the charges relate to four women over the age of 16 who claim to have been attacked between October 2020 and August 2021.
Mendy’s co-defendant, Louis Saha Matturie, 40, of Eccles, Greater Manchester, was charged today with two additional counts of rape and one count of sexual assault. This means that he is charged with six counts of rape and sexual assault.
The two men have been summoned to appear in Stockport Magistrates Court tomorrow to face the new charges. A trial is scheduled for next year.
Mendy, from Prestbury, Cheshire, who moved to the reigning champions for £ 52 million in 2017, has been in custody after being first accused of sexual assault in August.
Benjamin Mendy appears on August 12 with his teammates at The Ivy in Manchester. He is now in custody and charged with six rapes; two more charges were announced today.
Mendy’s co-defendant, Louis Saha Matturie, 40, of Eccles, Greater Manchester, (left in court in September, right above) was charged today with two additional counts of rape and one count of sexual assault. . This means that he is charged with six counts of rape and sexual assault.
A court has previously heard that the alleged attacks are said to have occurred at the address of his home in Prestbury.
Mendy was suspended by Manchester City after being charged by the police, pending an investigation.
Matturie is also in custody. Both men are scheduled to go to trial on January 24, 2022.
Mendy earns £ 90,000 a week and lives in a £ 5 million mansion in Prestbury, an upscale town near Manchester popular with gamers.
He was part of the winning team for the 2018 World Cup in France, but did not play in the final. He has made 75 appearances for Manchester City since signing from Monaco in 2017.
Mendy played in Man City’s first two games this season against Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur, but was on the bench for his third game against Norwich City.
The next game was against Arsenal, at which point he had already been charged.