Covid -19 has made us close to many things like a steamer, multivitamins, oximeter, and a nebulizer. A nebulizer is a tiny piece of equipment that produces a mist from liquid medications. How does it work? It’s simple, you have to sit next to the machine and breathe in through a mouthpiece that is attached to it. As you breathe, taking deep breaths for around 15 minutes, the medicine enters your lungs. People suffering from respiratory problems are highly recommended to keep nebulizers at home. Now that there are varieties like the basic one and portable silent nebulizer are available people can avail any as per their requirements.
The following are the fundamental steps for setting up and using your nebulizer:
- Make sure your hands should be washed properly.
- An air compressor should be connected to the hose.
- Close the medicine cup tightly and keep the mouthpiece straight up and down to avoid spillage.
- To the medicine cup, connect the hose and mouthpiece.
- In your mouth, place the mouthpiece. Maintain a strong seal around the mouthpiece to ensure that all of the drugs enter your lungs.
- Breathe through your mouth until you’ve used up all of the medications. It takes 10 to 15 minutes to do this task. Use a nose clip if necessary to avoid breathing through your mouth. Wearing a mask helps small children perform better.
- When you’re finished, turn off the machine.
- Until your next treatment, wash the medicine cup and mouthpiece with water and air dry.
Make sure you’re considering the following mentioned factors to avoid:
- Parts and accessories should never be left unattended, especially in the presence of small children or pets.
- Keep your nebulizer compressor, parts, and accessories away from any liquid.
- When not in use, unplug the nebulizer.
- After each use, make sure all parts and attachments are clean and dry.
- Make a secure to have storage area for your nebulizer and supplies.
- This point is really important for a family that has many family members. To prevent the spread of germs, keep mouthpieces and tubing separated and labeled if the nebulizer is being used by more than one person.
It is very important to have the best portable nebulizer for albuterol at home. But make sure that you change your nebulizer filter on a regular basis. For starters, clean air is necessary for the proper treatment of asthma and other respiratory diseases. In addition, the cleaner the filter is, the less effort your breathing machine needs to do, which means it will last longer.