Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Love Island’s Sharon Gaffka, 25, recalls the terrifying moment her drink was spiked

Love Island’s Sharon Gaffka has recalled the terrifying moment she discovered her drink had been spiked on a night out in London.

The 25-year-old explained how in July 2020 – a year before she entered the Mallorca villa for the ITV2 dating show – she went on a night out with friends to celebrate the reopened pubs following the lifting of the initial lockdown.

However, Sharon shared how she quickly found herself in a situation that “changed her behavior forever.”

To write for thank youSharon wrote: “My friends found me, passed out in a toilet room, in an uncompromising position, after banging my head on the toilet, barely breathing with my eyes rolling in the back of my head, and no one could understand how this happened.”

Love Island's Sharon Gaffka, 25, has recalled the terrifying moment she discovered her drink had been spiked on a night out in London.  Pictured, in the Love Island villa

Love Island’s Sharon Gaffka, 25, has recalled the terrifying moment she discovered her drink had been spiked on a night out in London. Pictured, in the Love Island villa

Sharon – who insists she knows her alcohol limit and didn’t know how it could have happened – explained how her friends called 911 but they were shocked that she was “rejected” as someone who was just too drunk.

It wasn’t until her friend, who worked as a physician assistant, defended herself that Sharon was taken seriously and taken to the hospital.

“If you feel vulnerable, it’s only natural to turn to the public services set up to protect you,” she explained. “But why, if left in a vulnerable position through no fault of her own, is a woman fired for being irresponsible?”

After being hospitalized, Sharon was discharged with no memory of her treatment, but luckily a friend was there to drive her home.

The 25-year-old (pictured) explained how the incident happened in July 2020 when she went on a night out with friends to celebrate the reopening of pubs after the initial lockdown was lifted

The 25-year-old (pictured) explained how the incident happened in July 2020 when she went on a night out with friends to celebrate the reopening of pubs after the initial lockdown was lifted

The 25-year-old (pictured) explained how the incident happened in July 2020 when she went on a night out with friends to celebrate the reopening of pubs after the initial lockdown was lifted

Sharon (pictured) shared how after her friends called 911 but were shocked, she was 'fired' as someone who was just too drunk

Sharon (pictured) shared how after her friends called 911 but were shocked, she was 'fired' as someone who was just too drunk

Sharon (pictured) shared how after her friends called 911 but were shocked, she was ‘fired’ as someone who was just too drunk

Later, Sharon called the hospital and learned that they had detected something in her bloodstream that caused those who ingest it to pass out.

Despite being in the hospital, Sharon, who said she could barely say her name at the time, had not been tested for GHB for the date-rape drug, claiming the hospital “refused” to test her because she wasn’t there. asked for.

“I was told that if I wanted to get tested, I should have gone to the police station,” she said. “I remember this feeling of being abandoned, as well as a tremendous sense of shame that I’ve lost my homes.”

National police figures confirmed that there have been nearly 200 confirmed binge drinking cases in September and October alone, with 24 reports of ‘spiking injection’.

Sharon (pictured) appeared on the most recent series of ITV2 dating show, Love Island

Sharon (pictured) appeared on the most recent series of ITV2 dating show, Love Island

Sharon (pictured) appeared on the most recent series of ITV2 dating show, Love Island

Now Sharon, sharing her horrific ordeal in an effort to encourage other women with similar experiences, has wondered, “How big does the number have to get before we see action?”

She also participates in the Girls Night In boycott – a movement where women and men are not going to bars and clubs because they demand better safety measures for customers.

Dozens of local Instagram pages have been created to spread the word of the Girls Night In campaign, where women from various college towns will reside, “spread awareness and challenge clubs” to keep people safe.

It comes after hundreds of cases, including drink fortification and injections, were reported in recent months.

Last week Emma, ​​a student at the University of Aberdeen, spoke to the media about her ‘blackout’ experience – after finding a flat tire on her body after a night out on the town.

She added: “I just knew something wasn’t right. The rest of the day after I couldn’t get out of bed, I couldn’t get up without feeling like I was going to pass out.”

The student has now started a course of treatment to prevent her from contracting Hepatitis B – fearing where else the needle might have been used.

Another made headlines this weekend, when a woman from Arbroath shared an image of a puncture wound after a night out at an Aberdeen club.

.