The process of stirring using a hot plate stirrer is used to create homogeneous mixtures while intensifying the heat and mass exchange within the mixers. This procedure of stirring must be carried out majorly within the vessels with the use of mixing devices. However, the nature of the intensity of the mixing thoroughly depends on the design of the device used for mixings, such as a digital hotplate stirrer or the best magnetic stirrer hot plate. This process is used to broaden the temperature range using a chemical agent in a vacuum or under significant pressure.
The magnetic stirrer that one uses typically consists of two major parts – a motor with a stirring mechanism and control electronics.
The components of the best magnetic storage with a hot plate:
- Comes with a base that has a power switch, LED indicators, and control knobs to select options.
- A Teflon-coated magnetic stir bar is of 1-inch length.
- A power cord
- A two-piece support rod that has a right-angled clamp and thermometer holder for added support.
How does a magnetic stirrer work?
The working principle of a magnetic stirrer is that pulses like charges and attracts, unlike charges. The micromotor present in the magnetic storeroom works to drive the magnet to generate a magnetic field that is rotating while stirring the stir bar in the vessel. This makes this solution completely mixed, and the speed could also be adjusted and stirred in varying viscosity. The digital hotplate stirrer comes equipped with a temperature control system that heats and controls the temperature as required during the entire stirring process. This guarantees that the mixed liquid meets the criteria of the experiment, and there is NIL to fewer chances of errors in the process.
Precautions to Maintain While Using a Magnetic stirrer with hot plate:
- It is important to ensure that the instrument is mounted and housed on steady ground in order to avoid any accidents.
- The power to the instrument should be cut off and stored away in a dry and well-ventilated place when not in use for long periods of time.
- It is essential that the instrument is kept tidy and dry to prohibit the flow of the solution into the machine and damaging it.
- By not having a stirring heating time set for too long and using it intermittently could extend the shelf life of the machine.
- At a medium-paced speed, the machine could efficiently work for 8 hours continuously. At a high-speed setting, it could work well for four hours.
How to Maintain a Magnetic Hot Plate Stirrer?
- Firstly, put the bottle on the working table, and switch on the machine, and the indicator light will switch on as well.
- Secondly, turn on the heating switch, and the corresponding lights will indicate that the components are working.
- Thirdly, insert the sensor solution and adjust the thermostat knob to the desired temperature control scale.
- Fourthly, using the speed knob, adjust the speed to the desired setting, and when the work is over, switch it to the lowest setting, and cut off the power supply by turning off the power switch.
- Lastly, clean the working areas and the sensor, keep it dry and tidy to avoid leakages due to the solution dripping around.
These are all the features and components that you need to know about when it comes to selecting the right hot plate stirrer for usage. Be sure to go through and then make your purchase.