Democratic presidential candidate and former vice-president Joe Biden was mocked on Tuesday after he had mistakenly looked at “AR-14s” at a Detroit worker.
On Tuesday, after the car official accused Biden of “trying to make up for our second amendment and taking our weapons away,” the former vice president replied, “You are full of shit” before mistaking “AR 14s “ran from AR-15 guns.
After the confrontation, “AR-14” quickly became the number one trending topic on Twitter, with social media users mocking Biden massively about his latest mistake.
Over a 90-second period, Biden managed to misrepresent his own position, refer to AR-15s as AR-14s, call semi-automatic machine guns, and insult a voter who knows more about the issue than he does. https://t.co/d2INsxQ3sh
– Cam Edwards (@CamEdwards) March 10, 2020
There is a reason why the entire structure of the Democratic Party, from elites to voters, had come to the conclusion that Biden was not selectable a few weeks ago. (It’s not an AR-14 either, Joe, but whatever.) https://t.co/IncOuQxuEF
– Ryan Grim (@ryangrim) March 10, 2020
look fat. this is an AR-14. pic.twitter.com/cVdDKsSEAh
– Logan Hall (@loganclarkhall) March 10, 2020
Factory worker in Michigan asks Biden about his position on arms rights.
Biden is immediately very agitated, puts his finger in the man’s face and starts shouting about ‘AR-14’.
This is how we lose Donald Trump’s rust belt.
– Samuel D. Finkelstein II (@CANCEL_SAM) March 10, 2020
Is he saying AR- “14” here? https://t.co/vUeW9RQQ9C
– Ben Domenech (@bdomenech) March 10, 2020
Biden wants to “take the AR-14”. https://t.co/sIXqwKxJJl
– Philip Wegmann (@PhilipWegmann) March 10, 2020
There was no “fact to fact” – Biden referred to a non-existent AR-14, said a video of him about taking weapons was fake, AR-15 suggested the same as a machine gun and repeatedly insulted the voter and got in his face. The “hostile” voter behaved better than Joe! https://t.co/zn5o6p9hrU
– Amber Athey (@amber_athey) March 10, 2020
Hey, fact check:
– There is no such thing as an AR-14 as Biden says in the clip
– AR-15s are not illegal, as Biden indicates in the clip
– Biden has a page on its website that calls for a new prohibition of weapons of attack.
-Biden has promised to name Beto O’Rourke as Gun Czar https://t.co/Q1b7KPAHyw
– Stephen L. Miller (@redsteeze) March 10, 2020
Actor Jeffrey WrightHowever, Biden defended by tweeting: “Joe Biden referred to an AR-15 as an AR-14. Who cares? “
“Republicans are more outraged about that than when a gunman killed 20 first graders in Sandy Hook with their beloved AR-15,” he continued.
Joe Biden referred to an AR-15 as an AR-14. Who cares?
Republicans are more indignant about this than when a cannon assassinated 20 first graders in Sandy Hook with their beloved AR-15.
– Jeffrey Wright (@jfreewright) March 10, 2020
Do you have a tip that we need to know? [email protected]