Inside Conte’s first day: The new boss left his struggling stars deeply impressed during the Spurs’ Enfield HQ visit … but Kane and company have NO doubts about the hard work that awaits them after a passionate speech.
- Antonio Conte gets stuck in his new reign as Tottenham Hotspur manager
- Sportsmail has the inside court on the first day of the Italian in charge of the club
- Conte could not officially take training because he is still waiting for his permission
- The players are already aware of how hard they must work with the Italian
Antonio Conte gave a powerful battle cry to his new Tottenham players on his first day in charge, telling them: the hard work starts now.
The Italian met his new team around 3pm on Tuesday and immediately held a team meeting during which he delivered a passionate speech.
Conte was unable to officially receive training due to the fact that he has not yet received a work permit from the Interior Ministry, but that did not stop him from having an instant impact.
Antonio Conte raised a powerful battle cry to his new Tottenham players on his first day, although he was unable to officially take over training his new players.
On an emotional opening day at the club’s Enfield headquarters, Conte told his team that he will instill a winning mentality in the team, but that they must be prepared to make tough yards, particularly on training ground.
Conte’s sessions are notoriously intense, and while the 52-year-old did not officially take training on Tuesday and only attended as a spectator, it is understood that the Spurs setup got a glimpse of just how tough training is with the former Chelsea boss. be.
Conte expressed to his new players that he is fully available to each and every one of them, but only if they give him everything in return.
Conte told his new players that he will instill a winning mentality in the team, but that they must be prepared to put hard yards on the training ground.
The coach also stressed the importance of bonding between the team and working hard for each other, but also insisted that they should start having fun again after what has been a difficult start to the season.
In fact, Tottenham’s older stars are believed to have been deeply impressed by Conte during his first 24 hours at the helm and found him motivating.
Meanwhile, the Spurs hope to receive the green light from the government for Conte to take over his new club for the first time on Thursday night following his appointment as successor to Nuno Espirito Santo.
If, as expected, his work permit arrives today, Wednesday, Conte is expected to be on the bench for Thursday’s game against Vitesse Arnhem.
Much attention is likely to be paid to whether Conte can reinvigorate Harry Kane’s season given the below-average season for the England captain so far.
And Kane is understood to be excited about the 52-year-old’s arrival, given his proven track record of success.
Conte was confirmed Tuesday as Spurs boss until at least 2023, and is expected to take over Thursday night against Vitesse Arnhem pending approval of his permit.
Conte returns to English football for the first time since his trophy-laden spell with Chelsea
The forward has been frustrated by the club’s lack of ambition and, as a result, tried to leave the club in the summer.
But Conte’s arrival is certainly seen as positive by the Tottenham striker.
Conte will spend the next two months evaluating his team before deciding who he would consider letting go to raise money to reinvest in the transfer market.
The former Chelsea manager will have money to spend and is believed to be interested in exploring a move for Fiorentina forward Dusan Vlahovic, who has scored 10 goals in 12 games this season.
There is also interest in Nicolo Barella at Inter Milan, the club Conte left at the end of last season.
Harry Kane (left) is happy with Conte’s appointment, which points to Dusan Vlahovic (right)