Business is booming.

Harry leaves Balmoral Castle, with uncertain plans ahead.

Prince Harry was seen leaving Balmoral Castle in Scotland Friday morning after spending the night there following the death of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II.

Harry Reportedly did not arrive at the castle, where the queen spent her last hours, until 8 p.m. Thursday, about 90 minutes after the queen’s death was announced. His wife Meghan did not travel with him.

Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, live in California but were in London on Thursday for previous appointments.

Harry and Meghan have not publicly commented on the Queen’s death, though the homepage of their website has a note on a plain, black background: “In Loving Memory of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, 1926-2022.”

The couple did not explain why Meghan did not join Harry in Scotland. (Catherine, the wife of Harry’s brother, Prince William, also did not visit her husband in Scotland.)

Harry and Meghan have so far been silent on their reaction to the Queen’s death and their plans for the coming weeks. A spokeswoman for the couple declined to comment on Friday.

Eternally a lightning rod for criticism and controversy from sections of the British news media, the pair relinquished royal duties in 2020. But Harry would stay close to the Queen; the couple, who named their daughter Lilibet after her, paid her a surprise visit in April.

Harry, 37, has had a tense relationship with other members of the royal family, including his father, King Charles III. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021, Harry said that at one point his father did not take his calls and that “there is a lot of work to be done”.

In April, at the time of the Queen’s 96th birthday, Harry cryptically said in an interview that he “made sure she was protected and had the right people around her.”