SARASOTA, Fla. – On the west coast of Florida there is a maritime laboratory where you can become stewards of the sea. Here’s what you need to know about Mote Marine Lab and Aquarium before visiting:
1. Mote is a research center and aquarium in Sarasota, Florida. After being closed for nearly two months due to the coronavirus pandemic, it was officially reopened on June 2 with social distance measures.
2. They require all guests to wear masks, and the aquarium is set up so that you make your way to the exit. They also have hand sanitizing stations and remote signage.
3. While some of their attractions are still closed, such as the feeding demonstrations, there is still plenty to see, including their fame – a 135,000-gallon shark and an aquarium you can observe from below or above the water.
4. The Mote Marine Lab is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. For more information, go to their website.