First alleged leak disclosures Release Frame, full open word, focus on next-gen AI systems, lighting, mod support and more
The very first Avowed leak could include details on the scope, weather system, mod support, release frame and more.
The next-gen first-person RPG was announced during last week’s Xbox Series X showcase, but aside from the game’s announcement trailer, Obsidian Entertainment and Microsoft didn’t reveal much details about the Skyrim-esque title. Fortunately, ResetEra user is ‘Spronger’ has shared additional details about the upcoming title, that are supported by renowned Xbox insider ‘Klobrille’.
According to the new details, located in The Living Lands region of Eora, Avowed is becoming a fully open world title. Compared to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Obsidian’s play will be much denser and more contrasting than Bethesda’s title. A next-generation title, Obsidian is said to focus on reactivity of the world, lighting and physics, and next-generation AI systems.
Like Skyrim, Avowed will reportedly have a weather system with a great focus on fog. However, the system in Avowed will be real time.
Modders will be happy to hear that the title of Obsidian will provide mod support and an advanced character creation tool, with the mods also being fully usable on Xbox Series X.
A specific release date has not yet been provided, but according to these new details, Avowed is currently in full production, targeting a late 2022 / early 2023 release on Xbox Series X and PC.
We’ve included the full list of details as provided by ‘Spronger’ below:
– completely open world, much much bigger than Skyrim (very differently “bigger”, more appropriate word would be “closer” and “more contrasting” at the same time)
– mainly in The Living Lands region of Eora (not sure if it will be as explicit later, but that was the premise)
– great focus on world reactivity, lighting and next-gen AI systems and physics (special focus on physics with magical systems – have no idea what that would mean)
– realtime or system (no full details, but fog is very important as a realtime element, rivers will have specific micro-physical systems for this)
– very advanced character creation tool (did not get more information)
– mod support (for now the PC is / will be very dominant as a creation tool, but I will be fully playable on Xbox)
– very large number of fractures but very different approach than with Skyrim
– you can have companions (other than the outside world)
– story set: fight against incoming threat of tyranny (independent of previous stories)
– game has bosses planned and some are very big
– Gods have a special voice in the game
– a lot of attention for iconic monuments, statues and buildings
– two major cities planned with much smaller towns with a strong focus on contrasting wild areas, rivers, mountains and deserted areas (yes you can swim)
– full respect for the knowledge of POE creatures with new additions
– dynamic presentation of dialogue
– for now the idea is to keep the option “you can kill anyone in the game”
– about 100 people are on the project for 2yrs (smaller number for 7m pre-production), total 2y 7m
– complete production is one thing
– team will still grow
– target date: late 2022 / early 2023