Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Eden Hazard is told to ‘hold out’ his limited playing time at Real Madrid

Eden Hazard is told to ‘put up with’ his limited playing time at Real Madrid as coach Carlo Ancelotti says the £ 150 million star must accept that he ‘prefers other players’ after being an unused substitute during the victory of El Clásico

  • Carlo Ancelotti has told Eden Hazard to ‘hold out’ his limited playing time
  • The 30-year-old was an unused substitute during Madrid’s Clásico victory
  • Hazard has started just five league games in all competitions so far this season
  • Ancelotti said that Hazard must accept that there are players who prefer him


<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Eden Hazard has been told to ‘put up with’ the reality that Carlo Ancelotti ‘prefers other players’ as the Real Madrid manager warned the Belgian amid his limited playing time at the Bernabéu.

Hazard, 30, has been unable to get going at Madrid since sealing his £ 150 million trade from Chelsea two years ago, with injuries and consistency issues ruining the Belgian.

The attacker has been available for all but two games this season, with a muscle injury ruling him out for games against Shakhtar Donetsk and Athletic Bilbao, but Ancelotti has largely snubbed Hazard so far.

Carlo Ancelotti has told Eden Hazard to 'hold out' his limited minutes at Real Madrid

Carlo Ancelotti has told Eden Hazard to ‘hold out’ his limited minutes at Real Madrid

The 30-year-old Belgian has only started five games in all competitions under the Italian this season.

The 30-year-old Belgian has only started five games in all competitions under the Italian this season.

The 30-year-old Belgian has only started five games in all competitions under the Italian this season.

Hazard has started just five games this season and was an unused substitute during Madrid’s El Clásico win over Barcelona on Sunday.

And former Everton boss Ancelotti says Hazard must come to terms with the fact that he prefers the likes of Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo to the £ 150 million man today.

“ He has absolutely everything, but he has to put up with the situation, ” Ancelotti told the Spanish media. “Right now he has a coach who prefers other players.”

Ancelotti’s comments appear to confirm that Hazard’s omission from his best XI is not solely due to concerns about the Belgian’s fitness.

Hazard was also an unused substitute during Madrid's 2-1 win over Barcelona at the weekend.

Hazard was also an unused substitute during Madrid's 2-1 win over Barcelona at the weekend.

Hazard was also an unused substitute during Madrid’s 2-1 win over Barcelona at the weekend.

Madrid legend Fernando Morientes told Sportsmail that Madrid will not wait forever for the diminutive attacker to rediscover his best form in Spain.

“Madrid tend to be very patient with these types of players,” said Morientes, who was a three-time Champions League champion with Real Madrid.

“We know that Hazard is very good, but there will probably be a moment when Real Madrid will have to make a decision.

Ancelotti says Hazard must accept that he prefers other players, with Rodrygo and Vinicius Junior currently occupying starting positions alongside Karim Benzema.

Ancelotti says Hazard must accept that he prefers other players, with Rodrygo and Vinicius Junior currently occupying starting positions alongside Karim Benzema.

Ancelotti says Hazard must accept that he prefers other players, with Rodrygo and Vinicius Junior currently occupying starting positions alongside Karim Benzema.

“This year is a decisive year, it is crucial for him and he will have to show what he has.”

He added: ‘They have waited two years for it to reach its highest level. This year has been a year in which the club, the fans and their teammates waited for the best Hazard but it has not started in the best possible way.

“Waiting so long for a player who was so good at Chelsea … Real Madrid may have to decide that they won’t wait any longer.”

Commercial



.