Eddie Hearn admits that he understands why the WBC refused to name Dillian Whyte as Tyson Fury’s mandatory challenger … but insists that Bodysnatcher WILL WIN his legal battle with the organization and face the Gypsy King.
- Hearn understands why the WBC refused to order Whyte vs Fury fight
- The Bodysnatcher has been calling for a shot at the WBC championship from Fury
- But, the WBC has refused to name Whyte as Fury’s mandatory challenger.
- This is due to the legal proceedings between Whyte and the WBC
Eddie Hearn says he understands why the WBC refused to name Dillian Whyte as Tyson Fury’s mandatory challenger at its annual convention Tuesday night.
The organization decided not to order the Fury vs. Whyte at his convention in Mexico City due to the ongoing legal battle between the governing body and the Body Snatcher.
However, Hearn is confident that Whyte will win his arbitration case and face Fury ‘in the first third of 2022.’
Eddie Hearn says he understands why the WBC refused to name Dillian Whyte (above) as a mandatory challenger for Tyson Fury at its annual convention Tuesday night.
The WBC declined to name Whyte as Tyson Fury’s mandatory challenger at its convention.
Speaking to iFL TV, Hearn said: ‘I think the truth is, without the lawsuit, [Dillian Whyte] Have they even been summoned by the WBC for mandatory? I think the answer is probably now or certainly in the terms he would like.
‘The legal case and arbitration have a decision to make, and we believe it will be a more favorable decision than it would be for a standard WBC ruling.
The WBC said Tuesday: “We cannot issue a ruling due to this current situation.” I get it. We are very confident that the ruling will be in the best interest of Dillian Whyte, considering the circumstances, and he will be called the mandatory challenger for Tyson Fury.
“ I’m a bit disappointed that it didn’t take place yesterday, but Dillian and his team have been working hard behind the scenes. But we are very confident that the legal matter will be resolved, and he will be Tyson Fury’s agent. ‘
They refused to order the fight due to their ongoing legal battle with the ‘Body Snatcher’
Hearn is confident Whyte will win his arbitration case and face Fury ‘in the first third of 2022’
After defeating Wilder on October 9, the WBC revealed that they would give Fury 30 days to agree to an undisputed showdown against Oleksandr Usyk, or to face ‘interim’ belt holder: Whyte.
However, Anthony Joshua activated a clause in his contract to force a rematch with Usyk, who beat him at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in September.
Therefore, it was assumed that the WBC would have ordered a fight between Fury and Whyte at the annual meeting between the IBF, WBA and WBO presidents on Tuesday night.
However, the WBC decided not to order a mandatory heavyweight title fight for his belt due to legal action Whyte took against the governing body last year.
The irony of the situation is that Whyte started his proceedings against the WBC in June 2020 because his frustrating wait for a title shot continued to drag on.
Hearn says Whyte is ‘ready’ to take on Fury and it’s a matter of time before he does.
However, Hearn is confident that Body Snatcher will win their legal proceedings and face Fury early next year.
When asked if Whyte will challenge WBC heavyweight champion Fury in the first third of 2022, he said: ‘Yes. I think it’s getting closer. I don’t think we’re far from making a decision in that regard, and we’d like to do that fight early next year.
‘Dillian Whyte is ready for that fight. Probably early next year, he will probably resume training early next week.
‘He’s got a little more treatment, and then he’ll be ready to go back to camp and then start preparing for a shot at Tyson Fury. That’s what I want, and that’s what I think is fair, and that’s what I think will happen, ” Hearn said.