Looking for the future? Derek Hough not seen Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews‘ Dancing with the stars exits are coming.
“My first reaction, I think I was pretty shocked,” said Hough, 35 Bevy Smith on Tuesday, July 28, episode of SiriusXMs Bevelations. Tom Bergeron is such an important part Dancing with the stars and he is a good friend of mine. He’s just a good man. ‘
The professional dancer added, “He’s been there since the beginning. He’s just a great guy. ‘
Who was on it DWTS from 2007 to 2016 revealed that the hosting shakeup is unfortunately part of the Hollywood game.
“You also understand that in the entertainment industry, nothing is certain,” explained the Utah resident. “There are always attempts to breathe new life into and change things, so looking at that, it’s understandable, too.”
ABC confirmed on July 13 that Bergeron, 65, who hosted from the 2005 debut, and Andrews, 42, who joined as a cohost in 2014, would not be returning for season 29. Instead, Tyra Banks would take over – in addition to joining the series as an executive producer.
Despite being thrown out specifically by Bergeron’s removal, Hough is a fan of Banks, 46, at the helm.
“You know, Tyra Banks, I’ve come into contact with her several times and I love her,” he said. “I thought she was a wonderful hostess America’s Got Talent. I thought she did a fantastic job. ‘
The World of Dance The judge explained that he is “optimistic about the move”, but on a personal level he was “absolutely shocked at Tom Bergeron”.
Ultimately, Hough wants the dance show to come out victorious.
“I’m always kind of a cheerleader to make shows work,” said the Nashville alum said. ‘For me, especially for shows that I was part of, that I love and that I love, I want Dancing with the stars to succeed and do it right. ‘
Peta Murgatroyd and Alfonso Ribeiro have also taken the personnel shift into account.
“Frankly, I was shocked. I was sad, ‘said Murgatroyd, 34, exclusively Us weekly on July 22. “I was sad that the chapter of the show has ended and it made me emotional. I was like, ‘Oh my god, Tom won’t be there anymore? Like, he’s the show. “I don’t ignore it [Erin]. She was incredible and a wonderful host and someone who had previously seen the show with my husband,[[[[Maksim Chmerkovskiy]. The way she gave insight to celebrities and related to them really took the show to another level. But a new start! Let’s wait and see what happens. “
Ribeiro told 48-year-old U.S that “Tom and Erin are the backbone of the show” and he wouldn’t have made such a drastic decision.
“I have no idea where they are going and what changes they want to make and why and how these decisions were made. But I think people like me will absolutely miss Tom and Erin, “the season 19 champion said on July 22.” It will be difficult for me to see the show in any new form. “
Dancing with the stars is set to return to ABC in the fall, but no date has been set due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as Us editors break down the hottest entertainment news stories every week!