Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Chelsea beats Manchester City 1-0, to win Champions League for the second time

Chelsea won the Champions League final for the second time on Saturday, defeating Manchester City 1-0 thanks to a first-half goal from Kai Havertz.

In the 42nd minute, Havertz sprinted onto Mason Mount’s through-pass, skipped past City goalkeeper Ederson Moraes, and dropped the ball into an empty net.


Chelsea has now become the 13th multiple champion of the world’s most prestigious club championship, adding to the first European cup it won in 2012.


A year after losing in the 2020 final with Paris Saint-Germain, manager Thomas Tuchel finally got his hands on the trophy.


City’s lengthy, arduous, and lavishly spent climb to the top of European football is yet unfinished.

Manager Pep Guardiola may come to regret not starting a specialist holding midfielder in his established lineup.

The inventive Spanish coach, who is attempting to win the Champions League for the third time after the club’s last triumph in 2011, has been accused of overthinking his tactics in crucial games in recent years and may have done so again today.

Ilkay Gundogan, City’s leading scorer this season and a revelation in his attacking-midfield role, was forced to play in midfield and failed to protect City’s defense as a result of the switch.

City never had the control Guardiola desired, while Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel, another tactically brilliant head coach, emerged victorious in his battle with a rival he refers to as “the benchmark.”

City had the monumental job of breaking through Chelsea’s well-drilled defense twice in the second half, a challenge that was made even more difficult when City’s key player Kevin De Bruyne was taken off in the 60th minute after colliding with Antonio Rudiger.

Chelsea had retreated and was seeking to counter-attack when City’s Fernandinho came on in the 64th minute. Sergio Aguero’s 15-minute cameo in the final match of his 10-year City career couldn’t save the Premier League champions, whose players were slumped to the ground after the final whistle.

Chelsea’s players then rushed to greet their supporters, who numbered 14,110 in Portugal’s Estádio do Drago, which served as a makeshift arena at the end of a pandemic-plagued season.