Antonio Conte is open to the idea of replacing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at the helm of Man United … but the former Chelsea and Inter Milan manager is concerned about the way the club is run … and would demand a voice total on new signings. ‘
- Antonio Conte is reportedly willing to consider becoming a Man United manager
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer finds himself under great pressure after Liverpool hit
- But the former boss of Chelsea and Inter Milan would first want some guarantees
Former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is willing to consider becoming Manchester United manager in case Ole Gunnar Solskjaer loses his job, but the Italian would want some guarantees first, according to reports.
Solskjaer is under immense pressure after a series of poor results in recent weeks culminating in a 5-0 beating at the hands of bitter rivals Liverpool on Sunday.
Conte, who has been out of work since leaving Inter Milan in May, has been linked to United’s hotseat and is open to the idea of taking over should the opportunity arise, according to The Manchester Evening News.
Antonio Conte (left) Open to becoming Man United boss in case Ole Gunnar Solskjaer loses his job
Conte has some concerns about the way the club is run and would demand full control over transfers. United Executive Vice President Ed Woodward (above) is leaving this year.
The report claims, however, that the 52-year-old has some concerns about the way the club is run and would demand full control over transfers.
United Executive Vice President Ed Woodward has resigned after a huge backlash following the controversial European Super League project and is scheduled to step down at the end of the year, but the specific date and his replacement remain unclear.
While Conte, who won the Premier League with Chelsea in 2017, resigned from the Serie A giants just days after guiding them to the league title, as he was said to be frustrated by the lack of financial resources from the club.
Solskjaer is under immense pressure after a series of poor results in recent weeks.
United’s hierarchy backed Solskjaer in the summer transfer window as they brought in 73 million pounds to Jadon Sancho, central defender Raphael Varane for 41 million pounds and Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo for just under 20 million pounds. .
Former United defender Gary Neville has urged his former club not to sign Conte because “he doesn’t fit in perfectly.”
Speaking in Sky sports, Neville said: ‘They won’t bring in a hit man again. A hit man who comes in and does a job for two years.
Conte is available, but I would not take him to Manchester United. I wouldn’t bring him here now, I wouldn’t.
“I don’t think Antonio Conte is suitable for Manchester United. I don’t think it’s adequate.
‘I may be wrong, maybe they’ll bring him here tomorrow and I’ll support him.
“We have seen a coach with a specific style like Louis Van Gaal that did not work out here. I’m not saying there isn’t a coach who can come to Manchester United and do it well. ”
The under-par form culminated in a 5-0 beating at the hands of bitter rivals Liverpool.
Solskjaer now has the shortest odds he has ever had to walk out of Manchester United’s starting gate and the favorite of the overwhelming bookmakers to be the next Premier League manager to be fired.
The Norwegian boss has become the 1/5 favorite with Betfair to receive your marching orders below.
United drew 1-1 with Everton earlier in the month and were then beaten 4-2 by Leicester last weekend.
Solskjaer’s team then found themselves trailing 2-0 at halftime to Atalanta in their Champions League group clash midweek, though it turned things around and came back to win 3-2 in the second half.
But United were wiped out by Jurgen Klopp’s team at home on Sunday to increase the pressure on Solskjaer. The Red Devils are in seventh place after four wins out of nine and then face Tottenham, sixth place.