The highly anticipated I’m A Celeb All Stars series will hit our TV screens next year.
Presenters Ant and Dec have confirmed they are currently filming in South Africa for the brand new spin-off of ITV hit series I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here.
Unveiling the exciting news on Twitter on Thursday, Ant and Dec wrote: ‘South Africaaaaaa! That’s right, we’re filming a very special version of I’m A Celebrity in South Africa that will be on your television in 2023.”
Great news! Presenters Ant and Dec have confirmed they are filming in South Africa for the brand new spin-off ITV series I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here – All Stars
Unveiling the exciting news on Twitter on Thursday, Ant and Dec wrote: ‘South Africaaaaaa! That’s right, we’re filming a very special version of I’m A Celebrity in South Africa that will be on your television in 2023’
Alongside the tweet was a video of the television duo speaking on a rocky terrain with some scenic mountains and water surrounding it, saying, “We have news.”
Dec describes it as the ‘worst kept secret on television’ and continues: ‘We can confirm that we are doing a very special series of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! In South Africa!
“It’s going to be your favorite celebrities from the past 20 years doing it again.”
The Geordie duo – who have run the show since its launch in 2002 – revealed that the plan is to return the ITV show to Down Under later this year.
They also answered questions about the series returning to Australia later this year after the previous two series took place at Gwrych Castle in North Wales, due to travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ant asks his opponent, ‘But are we going to Australia Declan?’, to which Dec responds: ‘Yes, we are. This year we are going back to Australia. This is next year.’
Construction on the famous camp has begun and parts of the set will be connected by a suspended sky bridge over the Blyde River Canyon in northeastern South Africa.
Duo: Describing it as the ‘worst kept secret on television’, Dec continues: ‘We can confirm that we are doing a very special series of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! In South Africa!’
Ant McPartlin, 46, told hosts Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston during a speech on Heart Radio on May 26 this year: ‘The plan is for us to go back to Australia. It must return to its spiritual home. Everyone wants to see a little sun on television at that time of year.’
With the show rumored to hit theaters on November 13, Ant and Dec got to work filming the promos.
Declan Donnelly was seen beaming alongside co-star Ant this week as he returned to work for the first time since the sudden death of his older brother Dermot.
The 46-year-old presenter was left ‘stunned’ last month after his ‘cute’ Roman Catholic priest brother Dermot Donnelly died aged 55 after collapsing in his parish in Newcastle.
But Dec seemed to recover from his family tragedy when he threw himself into work while filming ‘skydiving’ scenes for a brand new I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! advertisement.
And it looked like ITV was pulling out all the stops for the new series when the duo were seen strapped to harnesses and hung from a wire while simulating jumping out of a helicopter.
To prove they weren’t afraid to pull off their own stunts, Ant and Dec were seen dangling in the air as a wind machine blew at them, as crew members maneuvered the ropes holding them up.
‘It must go back to its spiritual home’: Ant and Dec confirmed I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! is set to return to Australia (pictured on Global Studios on Thursday)
The show was moved during the pandemic due to strict Covid-19 travel restrictions between the UK and Australia.
In December last year, Ant and his co-star Dec Donnelly, also 46, spoke of a desire to return to Australia, and joked that they could “torment” the camp mates more Down Under.
Ant said: ‘I think we would like to go back to Australia. We’ve had a great time in Wales for two years – we felt really welcome and at home – but the real home is Australia, so we’d love to come back next year if we can.’
Hurrah! The Geordie duo – who have run the show since its launch in 2002 – revealed that the plan is to return the ITV show to Down Under later this year (photo 2019)
Unforeseen circumstances: the previous two series took place at Gwrych Castle in North Wales, due to the Covid-19 pandemic (photo December 2021)
Selfie: While performing on This Morning, the pair also believed in speculation that a spin-off, all-stars series would be filmed in South Africa (pictured with a fan outside Heart Radio)
Busy day: The couple seemed ready for business as they embarked on a day of interviews
Hard workers: The pair also spoke about their new book ahead of hosting the Prince’s Trust awards during their series of interviews
Dec added: ‘We can torment them more in Australia. Outside conditions are tougher and there are all kinds of creepy crawlies in the camp, so in Australia it’s definitely tougher.”
The pair also gave credence to speculation that a spin-off, all-star series would be filmed in South Africa.
During This Morning, Ant confirmed to presenters Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield: “It’s a spin-off from the main show where ex-campmates all come together in South Africa battling challenges and tribulations…shall I keep talking?”
Tea spilling: During this morning, Ant confirmed to hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield: ‘It’s a spin-off from the main show where we have ex-campmates all coming together in South Africa battling with challenges and tribulations.. will I keep talking?’
Secret Spill: Dec quipped: ‘He’s gone again, he can’t stop talking!’, with Ant urging viewers to ‘want to know’
Dec quipped, ‘He’s gone again, he can’t stop talking!’, with Ant insisting that viewers ‘want to know’.
A source previously said: “Fans have been clamoring for a Best Of series for years and their prayers are being answered.
‘The South African project is by no means a backup, it is a completely different series. All the iconic names that have made the show so popular over the years return to the campfire and compete to become the Best Of champion.
“There are so many to choose from and they sound like the most talked about right now.
Elsewhere during the morning of back-to-back interviews, the country’s favorite duo talked about their iconic Saturday Night Takeaway drag act.
Ant recalls: ‘We got a lot of messages from parents saying, ‘My boy is different, he likes to dress differently, but he can go to school now and can now do and dress the way he wants’, which is great. We never expected that, we thought we would have a little fun.
Dec voted: “I have a newfound respect for anyone who walks in heels.”
Unforgettable: Elsewhere during the morning of back-to-back interviews, the nation’s favorite duo talked about their iconic Saturday Night Takeaway drag act (pictured in February