AMD released a new Adrenalin driver, version 20.8.1, which has been optimized for the recently launched Grounded (already available in early access and also quite successful) and for the upcoming Horizon: Zero Dawn (August 7) and Hyper Scape (August 11).
View the detailed changelog of this Adrenalin driver release below.
- Hyper Scape
- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC
- The Epic preset on the Radeon RX 5700 XT provides up to 9% better FPS performance when playing Grounded with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.1 versus the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.7.2.
- Testing by AMD Performance Labs from July 28, 2020 using a test system configured with an Intel Core i9-9900K CPU (3.6 GHz), 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz memory, a Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card and Windows 10 x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.1 and a similarly configured system with Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.7.2, to test driver performance on driver FPS using the game Earthed at a resolution of 1920×1080.
Fixed problems in this adrenaline driver
- When Radeon FreeSync is enabled, switching tasks to another display or application intermittently can cause the desktop refresh rate to be locked at any interval, leading to stuttering.
- Streaming and recording functions do not work or cannot be enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products in Windows 7 system configurations.
- Radeon Software may crash or crash an application when waking from sleep after logging into the AMD User Experience program.
- DOOM Eternal may experience a very dark or dim screen when changing in-game V-Sync settings with HDR enabled.
- Hot plugging a disabled HDMI display and then turning it on may occasionally cause a system crash or crash.
- Enabling Instant Replay can rarely cause a system failure or TDR on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Compatibility advisor may display a “Failed to retrieve requirements” error message when it opens. Users must reset Radeon Software to factory settings for this fix to take effect.