ORLANDO, Fla. One of the biggest names in country music is a new fixture on International Drive.
Multi-Grammy nominee and “The Voice” judge Blake Shelton has his fourth debut Ole Red place.
1. Ole Red Orlando is a 17,289 square foot 2-level venue with a concert quality music experience. It just came out of the opening weekend. Local bands and traveling artists perform every day.
2. The venue has an honest-to-goodness red tractor hanging high above the stage. “One of the building heads of the company that built this building, you know, they’re looking for tractors,” said John Romanowicz, general manager of Ole Red Orlando. “He was driving along the roads in Tennessee. That was a real working tractor … and he bought it. ‘
3. The Shelton-inspired menu has been created from scratch. “Thirty percent of the menu is regionally inspired, so we definitely have a touch of Florida in our menu,” said top chef Mark Boor. The tater totes are indeed Yelp competent. “These are not the supermarket chains you grew up with,” said Boor. “These are taken out by hand to order.”
4. The menu also features signature Ole Red items, souvenir glass cocktails or Mason jars, beer, wine and Orlando specialties.
5. Ole Red has postponed the grand opening due to the pandemic and changes the opening hours. It is currently open at 4 pm on weekdays, but all day on weekends. Personnel must wear masks and undergo temperature controls. Ole Red Orlando is up front as The Wheel in Icon Park next to Uncle Julio’s.